Dr. Ken Magid, DDS, FICD, Curriculum Vitae
Bachelor of Arts, Hunter College, City University of NY
Doctor of Dental Surgery, 1970, New York University College of Dentistry
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS, PRESENT AND PAST
- Selected for Fellowship by the International College of Dentists
- Clinical Associate Professor NYU College of Dentistry: Teaching the International and Honors Esthetics and High Technology Program.
- Director of Pre-Doctoral Laser Dentistry, Department of Cariology and Comprehensive Care, NYU College of Dentistry.
- Assistant Director Honors Esthetics NYU College of Dentistry
- Past Adjunct Professor, University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine. Selective course on lasers and advanced technology dentistry.
- Past laser educator for Lumenis University
- Member Academy of Laser Dentistry
- Laser educator for the Institute of Advanced Dental Technologies
- Past Guest Lecturer Columbia University College of Dentistry- Practice Management of High Technology
- Fellow American Academy of Craniomandibular Orthopdeeedics
- Westchester County Medical Center – Past attending and past head of TMJ clinic
- French and Polyclinic Hospital, past attending in TMJ
- New York Eye and Ear Infirmary, past attending in TMJ
PUBLISHED ARTICLES AND CHAPTERS
Fiber-Reinforced Framework in Conjunction with Porcelain Veneers for the Esthetic Replacement of a Congenitally Missing Lateral Incisor, Operative Dentistry, (2012) 37-45
Laser Use for Esthetic Soft Tissue Modification, Dental Clinics of North America 51 (2007) 525-545
Digital x-ray file sharing redefines the solo practitioner: Dentistry Today 26 (5) May 2007, 140-143
Early diagnosis key to minimally invasive dentistry. Dental Products Report 35(9): 80-84, 2001.
Air Abrasion – Beyond the Basics. Contemporary Esthetics and Restorative Practice 11(4) 63-66, 2000.
In-Office Power Bleaching: Contemporary Esthetics and Restorative Practice (9)14-20, 1999.
Minimally Invasive Dentistry:. Compendium (1) Suppl. 3-7, 1998
Caries Diagnosis: The Necessity for a New Standard of Care. AO Journal
Lectured on High Technology and Cosmetic Dentistry to many dental societies including:
ADA, Greater NY Dental Meeting, Yankee Dental Conference, Indiana State Dental Meeting, Westchester Shore Dental Society, 9th District Dental Society, Suburban Dental Society, 1st District Dental Society, 9th District Dental Society, American Academy of Esthetic Dentistry at the Greater New York Dental Meeting, Long Island Dental Meeting.
Most recent lectures on lasers:
American Dental Association
Greater New York Dental Meeting
Chicago Mid-Winter Dental Conference
Les Journees Dentaires Interternationales Du Quebec
Symphony of Light Seminar Series
NYU College of Dentistry Continuing Education
MEDIA APPEARANCE AND COVERAGE
- ABC-TV News: Laser pediatric dentistry.
- ABC-TV News: Laser gum lift for cosmetic enhancement.
- Joan London Show: Aging, and ways to avoid looking it.
- CBS-TV News Boston: Advanced dentistry teaching at dental meeting.
- ABC-TV “Views” with Roz Abrams: Latest advances in dentistry.
- WVOX Radio: Call in show on advances in dentistry.
- NY Times: Advances in periodontal treatment.
- Chicago Sun Times: Advanced dentistry
- La Parisienne: Advanced dentistry.
- Channel 12: Oral Cancer screening
- Westchester Journal News: Oral cancer screening
- Teen Graffiti magazine: Oral cancer screening
- WVOX Radio: Oral cancer screening
- Women’s Health Magazine: Dental health
PAST INVENTIONS AND INNOVATIONS
As co-founder and Vice President of Kinetic Instruments inc. Dr. Magid, DDS, FICD,
has innovated and patented many products in dentistry.
- Kinetic “Sunlight” curing system- one of the first visible curing lights.
- Manufactured curing guns sold by many companies including Teledyne, SS White, Den-Mat, Schein.
- Patent holder on devices sold by Union Broach for bleaching teeth.
- Patent holder on handpiece illumination systems and licensed or manufactured optics for companies such as Midwest, Adec, Schein, Marus, DCI, Pelton and Crane, Proma, Star, Sabra, and Kinetic Instruments.
- Manufactured one of the original devices for “diagnostic transillumination” and wrote technique manual widely used to teach the technique to dentists.
PAST DENTAL INDUSTRY CONSULTANT AND EDITORIAL CONTRIBUTOR
Consultant and lecturer for Lumenis/OpusDent on dental lasers
Consultant and chief lecturer on air abrasion dentistry: American Dental Technologies, Air Techniques Inc.
Consultant and lecturer for American Dental Technologies on Nd:YAG lasers
Consultant and beta tester for Trophy Radiology on digital x-ray sofware.
Consultant, and FDA test center for Logicon on Digital Caries Detection
Consultant, lecturer, and beta tester for Dexis computerized digital radiography
Consultant for Electro-Optical Sciences on Difoti Digital Fiberoptic Diagnostic Device.
Past contributor and editorial board of “Dental Practice and Finance” magazine.
Past contributor and editorial board of the Hycomb Newsletter.
Past contributor and editorial board of “Minimally Invasive Dentistry” division of “Compendium Journal”
Past consultant in product development for Bisco dental materials company.